Web platform costs
Because of the Web platform collaborative structure and its team first approach, all team members are sharing the same credits. The idea is to encourage players to use the Web platform in order to improve themselves and thereby improve the team. So, the more a player uses the platform, the better he gets and the better becomes the team. The manager, coaches and staff, however, have access to the summary of each member credits usage to control the costs in case one or more members use the platform abusively.
The columns identify what types of Web platform charges will be applied and the lines represent the type of user. The check marks indicate if the charge is applied to the team credits or to the personal data for each type of user. For scouts, the team may decide whether to pay for the charges by enabling the option in the team configuration.
| || Team credits || Personal data |
|Fans 1,2 || || |
|Scouts (team configuration) 1 || || |
|Members || || |
|Players || || |
|Staff || || |
|Coaches || || |
|Manager || || |
|Use outside a team 3 || || |
The type of charge applied when using the Web platform is identified in the page header on the left on each Web page where charges apply. When the charges are applied to the team credits, the header will display the word "Credits:
". When the charges are applied to the personal data, the header will display the word "Data:
". In the event that the team credits are at $ 0 or in the negative, the users still have access to all of the team’s information, but personal data will be charged.
Web platform costs distribution 1
- Team credits charged at $ 0.06 per minute of server usage for transcoding videos and images (costs may vary based on network performances and file size, type and content).
- Team credits charged at $ 0.10 per GB of data for watching uploaded video and web content transfer.
- Team credits charged at $ 0.10 per GB of data per month for hosting team videos and images.
- Team credits charged at $ 0.50 per GB of data for watching live videos, video-on-demand and game live replay.
- Personal data charged at the equivalent of $ 0.06 per minute of server usage for transcoding videos and images (costs may vary depending on network performances and the file size, type and content).
- Personal data charged at the equivalent of $ 0.67 to $ 1.00 per GB of data for watching uploaded video, live videos, video-on-demand and web content transfer according to the personal data package purchased.
- Personal data charged at the equivalent of $ 0.10 per GB of data per month for hosting videos and images associated with the user account.
|Note 1:||The personal data has a minimum monthly charge of 500 MB of data. For example, if a user used less than 500 MB of data during a month, the difference between 500 MB and the data effectively used will be charged to his account.|
|Note 2:||For live videos, the team can apply a data multiplier to finance its usage of the Web platform. If the multiplier is activated, the viewer interface will clearly notify the users.|
|Note 3:||The cost of hosting personal data is applied daily and is prorated for the data used. For example, if a user has 1 GB of personal data in his user account, 2.74 MB per day will be charged to his personal data (1 GB divided by 365).|
|Note 4:||Viewing a minor hockey game is approximately using 1 GB of data.|